Shift: Morning Shifts/ Afternoon Shifts/ Evening Shifts/ Weekend Shifts/ On-Call Shifts
We are looking to hire qualified Personal Support Workers (PSW) for one of our biggest clients in Brampton. As a Personal Support Worker, you will assist our client with all aspects of personal care and help them live more safely and independently. The successful candidate should be patient, compassionate and client centric.
- Perform activities of daily living such as feeding, grooming, dressing, bathing, etc.
- Ensure the fulfillment of individual goals and needs as instructed in the client’s support plans
- Assist in organizing leisure activities while facilitate the integration and inclusion of the community
- Ensure the health, safety, welfare and independence of our clients
- General household duties such as cleaning, grocery/supply shopping, preparation of meals and laundry as necessary
- Provide support in all aspects of daily living to individuals with developmental disabilities and/ or mental health support needs
- Assist in satisfying the social and emotional needs of the clients
- Document records and reports of daily care: resident incident reports, restraint monitoring records medication administration records, etc.
- Maintain the personal hygiene/ care of our clients
- Adhere to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, participating in the maintenance of a safe, clean community
- Sign on the attendance/ Daily & Overnight inspection sheets
- Read and initial the Communication Books prior to commencing each shift and keep abreast of any updates in procedures and treatments.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1+ year of relevant experience working as a Personal Support Worker (PSW)
- Experience working in healthcare community centers or with individual clients
- PSW Certificate from an accredited educational institution
- Valid Criminal Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid Pharmacology Training & Certificate
- CPI, Safe Management is a plus
- Standard First Aid CPR (Class C) certificate
- A valid Class G Driver’s License
- Ability to communicate in English, both oral and written
- Ability to read medical prescriptions and complete Incident Report Form
- Ability to accommodate and take On-Call & weekend shifts as required*
- Ability to comply with standard policies/ procedures and ensure safe work practices
- Eligible Candidates must be flexible in terms of scheduling and have a can-do attitude