Here are a few tips and tricks to keep your holiday merry and bright this season.
- Get your COVID-19 vaccine or booster – People 5 years or older in Canada can get vaccinated for free, including those who aren’t citizens. Everyone over 18 can get a booster in Ontario if it is at least three months since their second dose.
- Social distance – Stay at least 2 metres (or 6 feet) away from other people whenever possible.
- Mask up – Trade in your single-layer cloth face mask for a good fitting medical mask. Try shopping online if you can not purchase medical masks in your neighbourhood. Double up your cloth masks and ensure your masks fit snug on your face until you switch to medical masks.
- Avoid crowds – It’s the holiday season, and you want to see family. Keep gatherings as small as possible or to your immediate household. Stay in touch with friends and family through phone, instant messaging and video calls. Try to grocery shop once a week.
- Wash your hands often – Washing your hands for 20 seconds with soap and warm water helps curb the spread of germs and keeps you healthy.