Stay safe, happy and supported with Retire@Home.
Retire@Home service is a combination of packages designed with the changing needs of our seniors in mind. With these services, our goal is to help our parents, grandparents and other elderly loved ones stay safe, happy and supported within the comfort of their homes.
Nexim strives to help families avoid having to move seniors into a life of solitude in anonymous facilities where their last moments are spent with nurses, assistants, and doctors who barely know their names and personal stories. At Nexim, we pledge to use every means to avoid putting your loved one in this situation.
Retire@Home provides a senior-centred care plan that supports your loved ones while they enjoy their golden years at home for as long as possible, without compromising their safety and wellbeing.
Our Retire@Home services are designed to adapt as one’s needs evolve with the passage of time. We will provide ongoing expert support from specialists in various disciplines, including; occupational therapy, nursing, home care, palliative care and geriatric care. Our experts will monitor your ageing loved one, keeping you and them informed throughout their changing patterns of need.
Our mission is to assist our clients to remain as independent as possible and to achieve a high quality of life no matter where they live. We do our absolute best to care for our clients as their own family members would. In doing so, we strive to meet our client’s individual needs in a flexible manner to ensure that our services develop and change with each of those needs.
- Grocery shopping with or without client
- Meal preparation according to the Canadian food guide
- General house cleaning
- Reorganization to reduce clutter
- Window cleaning | Curtain cleaning | Appliance cleaning
- Car valeting
- Snow removal | Salting
- Gardening | Yard maintenance
- Escorting to appointments
- Personal Hygiene including bathing and lavatory assistance
- Help with administration of medication, including help with catheters and diabetes injections
- Reading and assistance at different hobbies | Interests
- Personal grooming | Salon appointments
- Pet grooming, pet care | Vet appointments
- Help with attending outdoor activities such as park visits, walking pets etc
- Companionship – both night and day
- Medication, pain, and symptom management
- Routine medical checks, including checking of vitals, blood pressure, and care plan assessments
- Assess and recommend Mobility devices
- Post surgery | Medical procedure support
- Wound care
- Scheduling in-person or virtual doctor visits
- Chronic disease management
- Palliative care
- Specialized geriatric and pediatric care
- Outpatient follow up
- Foot care
- Assess clients for return to work suitability
- Help ill, injured, or disabled patients to recover, develop, and maintain the skills for daily living and working
- Teach strategies to manage daily activities after illness or disability
- Suggest and guide therapeutic exercises to aide recovery from surgery, illness or injury.
- Conduct assessments and suggest treatments to restore, maintain, and maximize patient mobility, function, and well-being
- Exercise therapy, postural training, manual therapy, acupuncture, ultrasound, electrotherapy
- Home rehabilitation plan for clients to work on rehab goals between visits
- Accessible transportation
- Transportation and accompaniment for appointments
- Weekly outing | Activity to encourage appropriate social interaction and mental engagement
Premium Add Ons
- Assess and optimize diet and nutritional needs for individuals with complex and/or chronic conditions
- Meal plans and grocery recommendations
- Assessment of the soft tissue and joints of the body and the treatment and prevention of physical dysfunction and pain of the soft tissue and joints
- Manipulation of superficial and deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue to enhance and improve function, aid in the healing process, decrease muscle spasm, inhibit motor-neuron excitability, and promote relaxation and well-being
- Infant and pediatric massage
- Prenatal and postpartum massages