Shift: Morning Shifts/ Afternoon Shifts/ Evening Shifts/ Weekend Shifts/ On-Call Shifts
We are looking to hire qualified DSW/SSW for one of our biggest clients in Brampton. As a DSW/SSW, you will assist our client with all aspects of personal care and help them live more safely and independently. The successful candidate should be patient, compassionate and client centric.
- Perform activities of daily living such as feeding, grooming, dressing, bathing, etc.
- Ensure the fulfillment of individual goals and needs as instructed in the client’s support plans
- Assist in organizing leisure activities while facilitate the integration and inclusion of the community
- Ensure the health, safety, welfare and independence of our clients
- General household duties such as cleaning, grocery/supply shopping, preparation of meals and laundry as necessary
- Provide support in all aspects of daily living to individuals with developmental disabilities and/ or mental health support needs
- Assist in satisfying the social and emotional needs of the clients
- Document records and reports of daily care: resident incident reports, restraint monitoring records medication administration records, etc.
- Maintain the personal hygiene/ care of our clients
- Adhere to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, participating in the maintenance of a safe, clean community
- Sign on the attendance/ Daily & Overnight inspection sheets
- Read and initial the Communication Books prior to commencing each shift and keep abreast of any updates in procedures and treatments.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1+ year of relevant experience working as a DSW/SSW
- Experience working in healthcare community centers or with individual clients
- DSW/SSW Certificate from an accredited educational institution
- Valid Criminal Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid Pharmacology Training & Certificate
- CPI, Safe Management is a plus
- Standard First Aid CPR (Class C) certificate
- A valid Class G Driver’s License
- Ability to communicate in English, both oral and written
- Ability to read medical prescriptions and complete Incident Report Form
- Ability to accommodate and take On-Call & weekend shifts as required*
- Ability to comply with standard policies/ procedures and ensure safe work practices
- Eligible Candidates must be flexible in terms of scheduling and have a can-do attitude